Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Autumn Leaves and Forest Critters!

Hello Hello! 
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday! 
I hope this mid-point to the usual work-week is treating you well! 
This post will be a bit of whimsy and a bit of a peek into an artist's life! 
The creation I anticipated finishing and showing you hit a snag and will probably require a redesign. So, I'll show you all of that! 
But first... lovely photos of autumn leaves and kitties! 
Title: The Purrfect Halloween Cat Photo 
This is indeed (atleast to me) the perfect Halloween cat photo! 

Title: An Autumn Invitation 
Can you see the impression of someone laying in the leaves? Perhaps someone who has raked the leaves and then fallen into them? What a fabulous invitation to enjoy Autumn! Also....When we leave impressions in the snow, we call them Snow Angels and so it occurred to me that there could be Leaf Angels as well! So this could be the first record of a Leaf Angel in all of human history! 
Hee! 

These next photos are of the still-growing creation mentioned earlier...the first photo is of a collection of buttons I acquired yesterday on Walkabout. 
They are a menagerie of Forest Critters and every one of them is so charming and whimsical!!!

I envisioned creating a bracelet with them on twin strands of brown and green leather... and so I did... the first attempt proved that I cut the leather strips too short to accommodate all the necessary knots. 
The second attempt is shown in the photo. All went well until the green lace snapped as I was adjusting the tension on the knot! So.. here is where this will rest tonight and I'll have another go at it soon! 
 
So! There you have it! 
A Wednesday full of Whimsy! 
See you on Friday! 
Ciao! 
P.S. Want to know where I and Sprite Creations will be "in person" next?
Oct. 12th, 13th and 14th, we'll be at the Saint Paul Art Crawl in the Atrium of the Lowertown Lofts Artist Coop
This is the 20th Anniversary of the Saint Paul Art Crawl and it would be lovely to have you celebrate it with us! 
Whee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment