Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Whimsy Wednesday! A Bit of Local Colour!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!
My week so far has been filled with unexpected blessings and I hope yours has too!
I was out and about today assisting in retrieving needed materials for home and had a brilliant idea!
That brilliant, whimsical, fun idea is the theme of this post and a few more to come!
But let me first set the stage...
This is a view from a Scenic Overlook of a local lake that we paused at whilst returning from our errand.
One of my favorite sights is watching sunlight sparkling as it reflects off of waves! And so it is here! I find this quite soothing and hope you do, too!

And this is my "ride"!
This is a M170 Front Line Jeep Ambulance.
Yup!
This is exactly what you might remember from the TV Series "MASH".
The perfect open-air ride on a gorgeous summer day such as today!

As we were nearing home, I captured an image of the neatly mown hay fields.
I'm not certain if you can see it in the photo, but the cut hay arcs around that center island of grass in a beautifully clean, geometric way! Art can be found everywhere, I believe, and certainly in a beautiful job of cutting hay!

So now that I've set the stage, let me give you the introduction to the event (or in this case, creations)!
This?
This is baling twine and is used to secure cut hay as it is rolled into bales. Doesn't it look pretty on the fender of that fabulous Jeep?!  Seriously!  I adore the colour of that twine!  
What do I have in mind to do with said vibrantly-hued twine? 
Create jewelry, of course!
Stay tuned to see what happens next!!!!
See you on Friday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment