Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Whimsy Wednesday! Doodles and Sketches!

Hello Hello! 
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday! 
Today was a day of experimentation for me! 
I sometimes have to carve out the time and approving mindset to just play with art. ...Doodling and sketching instead of creating finished pieces is something I sometimes have a hard time justifying to myself. 
Yet it is this very exploring that helps stretch the boundaries of creativity! 
So! Let me show you my medium of choice today! 
 I found this lovely reproduction of a turn-of-the-century Crayola Crayon tin during a recent Walkabout and had to bring it home!
I pondered what to do with it for a little while and then giggled as the idea to store my Crayola (of course!) coloured pencils in it!  So many pretty colours to use and such a beautiful feast for the eyes when they are not in use!
YAY!!!

And now...let me show you what I did with those pencils today!
These are the preliminary sketches for a series of upcoming projects.  
What do you think? 
I can't tell you much about that project just now except that it includes the Faeries (of course)!
I promise to update you-all with more details as soon as possible!

 Before you go, I'll mention an exciting new event this
Sunday at 5pm (CST, USA)!  I and Cheryl Patton will be teaming up for a special show Welcome To Being Human!  Many times, people feel (especially in the various Healing paths) restricted in their ability to experience and express the entire range of human emotions and actions.
Often, we are offered a "barrage of rainbows" or not allowed to "go negative" during stressful times.
Where did this impossible pedestal we're on come from and who put us up here, anyway?!
Listen in while Amy and Cheryl chat about accepting our role of being human!
I do hope you can join us!
See you Friday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment